Internet Banking Terms And Conditions
- GENERAL This agreement applies to various online banking and bill payment services. You and your means each person agreeing to, using, or accessing these services at State Bank of Ewen. Us, we and our means State Bank of Ewen. When you use, or you permit any other person(s) to use, any part of this service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and agree to comply with help screens. This agreement and the services are also subject to other agreements between you and us, including Deposit Account Agreement and Funds Availability Policies. In case of conflict, this Agreement will take precedence.
- ELIGIBLE ACCOUNTS. To access your accounts using the services, you must have an eligible account. Eligible accounts for online banking include State Bank of Ewen checking accounts, money market accounts, Certificate of Deposits, IRA's as well as consumer loan accounts. Deposit and loan accounts that have a common signer for withdrawals or a common borrower may be linked for access purposes. Any signer, acting alone, will be authorized to access a linked account.
- TYPES OF SERVICES
- Funds Transfers. You must use online banking to perform transfers between eligible accounts. As required by law, you may perform no more than six (6) transfers per statement cycle from any savings or money market account.
- Balance Inquiries. You may use online banking to check the current balance and other account information on all of your deposit accounts and most loan accounts.
- Account Services. You may use online banking to view copies of checks, place stop payments on checks, order checks, download account information to personal management software and set up account alerts (e.g. to be notified if an account reaches a certain balance.
A. Manual (Single) Payment. Manual Payment means a single payment that you enter each time you want to make a payment. You schedule the date you want the payment made.
B. Recurring Payments. Recurring Payments are sent out automatically on an ongoing basis. You set up payment rules regarding their frequency, amount and timing.
C. Limitations. The amount of any Manual Payment or Recurring Payment shall not exceed $2,500. The total amount of all bill payments in any one (1) Business day shall not exceed $5,000. You may not use bill payment services to make payments to payees outside of the United States or U.S. Territory.
- BILL PAYMENT SERVICES. You may use the Bill Payment function of the Program using funds in one or more of the Eligible Consumer or Commercial Accounts that is a checking account. All payments made from a designated Eligible Account must be a checking account.
Payment will be made electronically if the receiver has ability to accept electronic payments. Otherwise a paper check will be issued and forwarded to the payee by United States mail. Delivery of a paper check may take several additional days. Bank is not responsible for the timely delivery of postal mail or the improper transmission or handling of payments by a third party such as the failure of payee to properly post a payment to your account.
You are responsible for providing contact information for each payee of a Bill Payment transaction. You are also responsible for providing any changes to this contact information as soon as you are aware of them in order to prevent a loss. Using the Bill Payment service, you may only pay established payees with United States addresses. While payments to most payees can be made using the Bill Payment service, we reserve the right to refuse to made payments to certain payees, such as alimony, child support, tax and other court directed or government payments, fines or penalities. We are unable to process any paymens to federal, state or local tax agencies.
You authorize us to follow your payment instructions. For a Manual Payment, we will deduct your payment from your checking account on the date the payment is scheduled to be sent (Payment Date) or within 2 Business Days of the Payment Date. For Recurring Payments, we will deduct your payment from you account on the start date (Start Date) or within 2 Business Days of the Start Date. We will deduct subsequent payments from your account using the Start Date as a reference point. We will initiate payments to payees designated by you (Payees). To ensure on-time payments, allow at least 3 Business Days for electronic and 6 Business Days for standard check payments. Your payee may require additional processing time, above and beyond our processing time. If a payee does not accept electronic payments, you authorize us to make payment by check. We may deduct these payments from your designated account even if they create an overdraft. You authorize us to make payments by electronic, paper or other means we determine appropriate.
For bill payments, you may add, delete or edit a Manual Payments up to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the Payment Date. A Recurring Payment must be added, deleted or edited by 9:00 p.m. EST at least one day prior to the date scheduled for payment. (Remember: modification of a Recurring Payment or transfer instruction will affect all future payments or transfers associated with that payment or transfer.) You may add, delete or edit a Payment by using the Program's function.
When you have entered and transmitted a payment instruction, you authorize us or our agent to reduce the balance in your designated Eligible Account by an amount equal to that amount requested in your payment instruction to us. You are responsible for having sufficient funds on deposit to make payments in full on scheduled Payment Dates. If there are insufficient funds in your designated Eligible Account to make the payments you have authorized we may either refuse to pay the item or we may make the payment and thereby overdraw your designated Eligible Account. In either event, you are responsible for any non-sufficient funds (NSF) and overdraft charges we may impose as stated in your depositor agreement. Funds for payments clear your account as would any other ACH item. ACH items usually clear within three (3) days. Additional time may elapse due to payee processing delays or other delays in the postal service or electronic payments systems.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM AN NSF OR OVERDRAFT CHARGES.
The bank reserves the right to terminate your use of Bill Payment at any time without notice. If, for any reason you should ever wish to cancel or terminate your Bill Payment service, you must inform us of your decision to do so in writing. We strongly suggest that you cancel all future bill payments at the same time that you cancel your service by deleting those payments yourself using Bank's Bill Payment service. This will ensure that future payments made by you will not be duplicated. If you terminate a Bill Payment service, you authorize us to continue making payments that you have previously authorized until we have a reasonable opportunity to act upon your termination notice. Once we have acted upon your termination notice, we will made no further payments that you have previously authorized. Upon termination of the Bill Payment service, you will be responsible for making arrangements to pay any future or recurring payments.
If you do not log on for sixty (60) days, we may cancel your Online Banking Service. If you service is cancelled at any time your online Bill Payment information will be lost.
- BUSINESS DAYS/HOURS OF OPERATIONS. Business days are Monday through Friday, except Federal Holidays. We may require that all transactions be performed on a Business Day. Transactions entered on our website on or before 9:00 P.M. EST will be posted on the same day. Transactions entered on our website on weekends, federal holidays or after 9:00 P.M. will be posted by the end of the next business day.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS'S LIABILITY. We will use good faith efforts to complete all of your requests properly. However, we will incur no liability if we are unable to complete any payments or transfers properly because of any one of the following circumstances:
- Your designated account does not contain sufficient available funds to complete the payment or transfer, or the payment or transfer would exceed the credit limit of your designated account's overdraft line.
- The services, our equipment, the software, or communications line is not working properly.
- If circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, fire, flood or interference from an outside force, prevents the proper execution of the transaction.
- The transfer of your funds is restricted by legal process or holds.
- Other exceptions stated in this agreement or related agreements or Deposit Account Agreement and Funds Availability Policy.
- EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS. You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all necessary hardware software, and Internet access services necessary for performing online services. We will not be responsible for failures from malfunctions or failure of your hardware, software or any Internet access services.
- ACCESS AND SECURITY CODES. To help enhance your security, we recommend that you follow some general safety guidelines:
- Never walk away from your computer while logged on to this service.
- Memorize your user ID and password codes.
- Do not share codes with anyone.
- Select User ID and Password that will be easy for you to remember
- Avoid using personal information
- Choose a User ID that contains at least 2 alpha characters and 2 numeric characters. It must have a minimum length of 8 characters.
- Choose a password that contains at least 1 numeric character. It must have a minimum length of 6 characters.
- Never give your Codes to somebody else, even if they identify themselves as a State Bank of Ewen employee. Under no circumstances do we need your Codes.
- Notify us immediately if you believe your Codes have been lost or stolen.
- We require your browser to be 128-bit encryption enabled.
- FEES. If applicable to you and your account, you agree to pay the fees for the services in accordance with our fee schedules and disclosure as established by us from time to time.
- Internet Banking:
Consumer Accounts- No Fee
Business Accounts- No Fee
Bill Payment- No Fee
- TERMINATION OR DISCONTINUATION. In the event you wish to discontinue any or all of these services, you must contact us in writing. Written notice of service discontinuance must be supplied 10 Business days prior to the actual discontinuance date and must be mailed or faxed to:
State Bank of Ewen
207 S Cedar Street
Ewen, MI 39925
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the services in whole or in part at any time. Neither termination nor discontinuation shall affect your liability or obligations under this agreement.
- DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES. We may disclose information about you and your designated account or transactions on your designated account as provided in our Deposit Account Agreement and Funds Availability Policies and our privacy statement.
- UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS. An "unauthorized transfer" is a transfer by a person who does not have actual, implied or apparent permission, and is a transfer that does not benefit you. A transfer by a joint account holder or other person with an interest in your account is not an unauthorized transfer. You will not be liable for unauthorized transfers except as explained in this Service Agreement.
- YOUR LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS. You should not disclose your Codes to any other person. These Codes are for your personal use and should be kept confidential by you. We may require you to change these Codes periodically. Contact us immediately if you believe someone has obtained your Codes or may have access to your accounts without your permission. Telephoning us at 1-906-988-2821 is the best way of minimizing your losses; or fax or write us at 1-906-988-2555 or State Bank of Ewen 207 S Cedar St. Ewen, MI 49925. If you tell us within two Business Days after you discover your Codes have been lost or stolen, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone uses your Codes without your permission. If you do not tell us within two Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Codes, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your Codes without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00. If your monthly statement contains transfers that you did not make, notify us at once by phone, e-mail or traditional mail. If you do not notify us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the 60 days, if we can prove that we could have stopped the unauthorized transfer if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may extend the period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the services, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by using the terms and conditions contained in this agreement and the Deposit Account Agreement and Funds Availability Policy, as they may be amended from time to time.
- You agree that anyone with an ownership interest in your accounts, including joint accounts, may access those accounts, unless we are instructed to the contrary.
- You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Service Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such a right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and, to the extent state law applies.