Internet Banking Terms And Conditions
- GENERAL. This agreement applies to various online banking services. You and your means each person agreeing to, using, or accessing these services at State Bank of Ewen. Us, we and our means State Bank of Ewen. When you use, or you permit any other person(s) to use, any part of this service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and agree to comply with help screens. This agreement and the services are also subject to other agreements between you and us, including Deposit Account Agreement and Funds Availability Policies. In case of conflict, this Agreement will take precedence.
- ELIGIBLE ACCOUNTS. To access your accounts using the services, you must have an eligible account. Eligible accounts for online banking include State Bank of Ewen checking accounts, money market accounts, Certificate of Deposits, IRAís as well as consumer loan accounts. Deposit and loan accounts that have a common signer for withdrawals or a common borrower may be linked for access purposes. Any signer, acting alone, will be authorized to access a linked account.
- TYPES OF SERVICES
- Funds Transfers. You must use online banking to perform transfers between eligible accounts. As required by law, you may perform no more than six (6) transfers per statement cycle from any savings or money market account.
- Balance Inquiries. You may use online banking to check the current balance and other account information on all of your deposit accounts and most loan accounts.
- Account Services. You may use online banking to view copies of checks, place stop payments on checks, order checks, download account information to personal management software and set up account alerts (e.g. to be notified if an account reaches a certain balance.
- BUSINESS DAYS/HOURS OF OPERATIONS. Business days are Monday through Friday, except Federal Holidays. We may require that all transactions be performed on a Business Day. Transactions entered on our website on or before 8:00 P.M. EST will be posted on the same day. Transactions entered on our website on weekends, federal holidays or after 8:00 P.M. will be posted by the end of the next business day.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONSíS LIABILITY. We will use good faith efforts to complete all of your requests properly. However, we will incur no liability if we are unable to complete any payments or transfers properly because of any one of the following circumstances:
- Your designated account does not contain sufficient available funds to complete the payment or transfer, or the payment or transfer would exceed the credit limit of your designated accountís overdraft line.
- The services, our equipment, the software, or communications line is not working properly.
- If circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, fire, flood or interference from an outside force, prevents the proper execution of the transaction.
- The transfer of your funds is restricted by legal process or holds.
- Other exceptions stated in this agreement or related agreements or Deposit Account Agreement and Funds Availability Policy.
- EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS. You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all necessary hardware software, and Internet access services necessary for performing online services. We will not be responsible for failures from malfunctions or failure of your hardware, software or any Internet access services.
- ACCESS AND SECURITY CODES. To help enhance your security, we recommend that you follow some general safety guidelines:
- Never walk away from your computer while logged on to this service.
- Memorize your user ID and password codes.
- Do not share codes with anyone.
- Select User ID and Password that will be easy for you to remember
- Avoid using personal information
- Choose a User ID that contains at least 2 alpha characters and 2 numeric characters. It must have a minimum length of 8 characters.
- Choose a password that contains at least 1 numeric character. It must have a minimum length of 6 characters.
- Never give your Codes to somebody else, even if they identify themselves as a State Bank of Ewen employee. Under no circumstances do we need your Codes.
- Notify us immediately if you believe your Codes have been lost or stolen.
- We require your browser to be 128-bit encryption enabled.
- FEES. If applicable to you and your account, you agree to pay the fees for the services in accordance with our fee schedules and disclosure as established by us from time to time.
- Internet Banking:
Consumer Accounts- No Fee
Business Accounts- No Fee
- Internet Banking:
- TERMINATION OR DISCONTINUATION. In the event you wish to discontinue any or all of these services, you must contact us in writing. Written notice of service discontinuance must be supplied 10 Business days prior to the actual discontinuance date and must be mailed or faxed to:
State Bank of EwenWe reserve the right to terminate your use of the services in whole or in part at any time. Neither termination nor discontinuation shall affect your liability or obligations under this agreement.
207 S Cedar Street
Ewen, MI 39925
- DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES. We may disclose information about you and your designated account or transactions on your designated account as provided in our Deposit Account Agreement and Funds Availability Policies and our privacy statement.
- UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS. An "unauthorized transfer" is a transfer by a person who does not have actual, implied or apparent permission, and is a transfer that does not benefit you. A transfer by a joint account holder or other person with an interest in your account is not an unauthorized transfer. You will not be liable for unauthorized transfers except as explained in this Service Agreement.
- YOUR LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS. You should not disclose your Codes to any other person. These Codes are for your personal use and should be kept confidential by you. We may require you to change these Codes periodically. Contact us immediately if you believe someone has obtained your Codes or may have access to your accounts without your permission. Telephoning us at 1-906-988-2821 is the best way of minimizing your losses; or fax or write us at 1-906-988-2555 or State Bank of Ewen 207 S Cedar St. Ewen, MI 49925. If you tell us within two Business Days after you discover your Codes have been lost or stolen, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone uses your Codes without your permission. If you do not tell us within two Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Codes, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your Codes without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00. If your monthly statement contains transfers that you did not make, notify us at once by phone, e-mail or traditional mail. If you do not notify us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the 60 days, if we can prove that we could have stopped the unauthorized transfer if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may extend the period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the services, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by using the terms and conditions contained in this agreement and the Deposit Account Agreement and Funds Availability Policy, as they may be amended from time to time.
- You agree that anyone with an ownership interest in your accounts, including joint accounts, may access those accounts, unless we are instructed to the contrary.
- You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Service Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such a right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and, to the extent state law applies.
207 South Cedar Street | Ewen, MI | Phone: (906)988-2821 | Fax: (906)988-2555
NOTICE OF CHANGES IN TEMPORARY FDIC INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR TRANSACTION ACCOUNTS
All funds in a "noninterest-bearing transaction account" are insured in full by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation from December 31, 2010, through December 31, 2012. This temporary unlimited coverage is in addition to, and separate from, the coverage of at least $250,000 available to depositors under the FDIC's general deposit insurance rules.
The term, "noninterest-bearing transaction account" includes a traditional checking account or demand deposit account on which the insured depository institution pay no interest. It also includes interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts ("IOLTA's). It does not include other accounts, such as traditional checking or demand deposit accounts that may earn interest, NOW accounts and money-market deposit accounts.
For more information about temporary FDIC insurance coverage of transaction accounts, visit www.fdic.govHosting provided by 906 Technologies